IDM Tuition and Fees, 2018-2019 Academic Year*
|INTEGRATED DESIGN & MANAGEMENT TUITION|
|High (=> 37 credits)||$28,937 per term|
|Low (=< 36 credits)||$19,298 per term|
|Thesis only||$17,146 per term|
|Mandatory health insurance
(May be waived if student carries other health insurance.)
|Visit MIT Medical’s rate sheet for more information.|
|MIT FULL-TIME DEFINITION|
|Full-time registration||Visit MIT Office of the Registrar—Full Time Registration for more information.|
* Tuition for the forthcoming academic year is set each April by the MIT Corporation based on a recommendation from Academic Council.
For more information or to inquire about specific tuition situations, please contact Triet Nguyen, Senior Financial Administrator at email@example.com.
SDM/IDM Tuition Pro-ration, 2018-2019 Academic Year
Tuition pro-ration amounts for SDM/IDM graduate students who complete thesis early or students who withdraw during the term are set out below.
SDM/IDM students must have fulfilled 24 units of thesis from Spring 2016 or Summer 2016 in order to qualify for SDM/IDM Tuition Pro-ration.
Pro-rated tuition for early thesis completion will be granted only if both of the following conditions are met:
- The student has completed the required minimum 24 units of thesis credit in previous terms and is registered for only 1 (one) thesis credit in the term when they graduate.
- The student was registered for thesis credits as a regular graduate student in the term prior to the term when they graduate.
There is one exception to the 2nd item above: for a fall term completion, if the student was not registered for thesis in the previous summer, but was registered for thesis units as a regular graduate student in the previous spring, the tuition pro-ration will be a minimum of 50% of the total tuition if the thesis is completed any time in the first half of the fall term.
The date of pro-ration is determined by the date when the thesis advisor confirms the work was completed, but cannot be more than 15 days prior to when the date is reported to the Registrar.
Use figures from the line if the date is shown; otherwise, use figures from the preceding line, e.g., if the date is October 28, use that line, if the date is October 27, use the October 25 line.
|Week||Date||SDM/IDM Early Thesis Completion Tuition Amount ($)||SDM/IDM High Tuition Amount in Case of Withdrawal ($)||SDM/IDM Low Tuition Amount in Case of Withdrawal ($)||Percentage of Full Tuition Charge|
IDM associated costs
Program-related costs can be broken down into two categories:
- Costs associated with attending sessions on the MIT campus, including travel and meals; and
- General housing costs, as needed (note that MIT has an excellent off-campus housing website.)
In addition, each IDM student must have a laptop computer. The MIT campus is configured for wireless access. See MIT’s laptop guidelines for more information on recommended configurations. Visit eCat to find discounted pricing for Apple, Dell, and GovConnection (for Lenovo and others)—MIT certificate and network required.